Anneke Olivier (44), a qualified nurse and an avid biathlon athlete moved to Bethulie in 2001 with her husband where she worked at Venterstad Clinic for 8 years.
During 2009 she discovered that her one eye ‘hangs’ and during 2010 she suddenly lost sensation from her feet to her upper body.
• Anneke is diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
• Anneke’s hand coordination is so affected that she struggles with adding sugar to her coffee.
• Anneke’s eye becomes affected and she has to use a magnifying glass to read.
• She gets tired very quickly – a symptom of MS
• Anneke follows doctors orders and keep on excercising, swimming and walking in an attempt to keep relapses at bay
• On 25th April 2015 Anneke starts walking an 874km route from Bethulie to Cape Town along the N1 national road together with 2 others as companions
Her mission is:
-to create awareness of MS
-to raise funds for the society to keep doing the important work amongst people living with MS in SA
-to request people to sign a debit order of R50 per month in favour of the society in aid of the work that is done among people living with MS
The distance Anneke will be walking in creating awareness of Multiple Sclerosis
Beaufort Wes 240.4km
Cape Town 109.4km
Awareness of MS, how it affects people living with MS
Contact Multiple Sclerosis South Africa WC at email@example.com for more information on Anneke and her project and for donations and debit orders. All hours tel number is 021 9484160
Banking – please use reference ANNEKE STAP
Account name: MSSA
Account number: 073 084 697
Branch code: 050-410 00
Branch Tyger Manor
— at Gariep Dam.